Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Answer, Auto Attendent and CCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolagal985

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2013
US
Hi,
I'm new to the Norstar world and I'm a bit confused on how to make all this work together. I have a Norstar system 7.0 with CP100. I want the phones to ring up to 4 times. At that point, I want the system to answer and put on hold with a message- Please hold your call will be answere or a message saying we're assisting other callers. You get the idea. After say 60 seconds, if no one picks up the line, I want to be able to send it to voicemail automatically where the CCR tree can tell them the office hours, fax #, address etc without them having to press * to leave a message. I've read all the manual and I think I'm making this way more complicated then it needs to be. Anyone want to help me out? Can't seem to figure out what the difference is between the auto attendent/system answer and where the greeting table and ccr tree fit into things. I don't want when people call in for them to talk to an automated system. I hate that and I'm sure customers do too.

Help anyone?

I don't think what you would like to do is even possible.

First of all, System Answer is only available on the Compact ICS. If you have a Modular ICS, you don't have it. The CallPilot doesn't provide that feature.

Second of all, System Answer puts calls on hold at a designated phone (called the attendant set). Once calls are on hold, there is no way for them to get automatically transferred to a CCR Tree (or even to voice mailbox).

In other words, you would have to choose between System Answer and CCR.

If you decide to go with CCR, you can program CallPilot to answer calls with a CCR Tree only after 4 rings. If someone is free, he/she can answer the call before the CallPilot does.

Your CCR Tree can have an option to transfer directly to a mailbox (i.e. a mailbox node) where the caller can immediately leave a message.

Your CCR Tree can also have an option to park the call (i.e. a park and page node) where the caller can wait for someone to answer. If no one picks up the call after a programmable delay, it returns to the CCR Tree.

If you would like to use a call queuing type environment, you could get the Call Center keycode for CP 100. The call center will answer the call and queue the call with a message "please hold for the next available operator". When a logged in agent becomes available the call is presented to that agent.

Not quite what you are looking for but it's the best the Norstar will do.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Multimedium, I think what you suggest will work for what I need. Thank you all for your replies. I do have a Compact ICS so I do have the feature. I will try these options and let you know if this works out ok. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back