Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sysprep and XP- wont use .inf file

Status
Not open for further replies.

easypray

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
CA
I am trying to image and clone a baseline XP pro system.

it is configured exactly the way I want it and I create a sysprep.inf file useing the setup manager after I extract the deploy cab into the c:\sysprep folder

When I image the drive (using ghost corporate 7.5) and I look in the image the sysprep folder is there and the sysprep.inf file is in place with all of my answers filled in by the wizard.

before I clone I run sysprep manually and reseal the computer (which produces a weird "your grace period limit has been reached and will not be re-set") which is a bizarr because prior to sysprep the product activation was done.

So when i re-boot after sysprep it starts the mini setup wizard (arrrgh!) and wont use any of the answers entered in the sysprep.inf file...its as if I dont have a sysprep.inf file.

but when it is all done the sysprep folder is gone and I need to enter all that information on each of my cloned machines - which I seriously cant do everytime we roll out new software etc.

Why wont it use the answers in the sysprep.inf file?

TIA

Easypray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back