Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

syslogging traps on 1005 router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 1999
US
I'm setting up an old 1005 for syslog. I have the following config in place:

logging buffered
logging console notifications
logging monitor informational
logging facility local6
logging xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (syslog host address)

When I enter a "logging on" or "logging trap informational" statement, there isn't any error, it seems to take it, but nothing shows up in the running config. Also, the only message that ever gets to the syslog host is a "29: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my workstation) )" message.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be the case?

Thanks,

ShackDaddy

I can get it to take logging trap notifications but not logging trap informational.

The router will only send a syslog message when an event happens. If all you have been doing is Config changes then all you will see is that message.

I'm not talking about the events that get logged, I'm just trying to get the device to take my config. It's a production router, and I'd like to log Informational level messages, but the device was taking the command "logging trap informational" and then not showing that in the config. When I instead entered "logging trap notifications," I could then do a "sh conf" and see that addition. The IOS version was 11.0, so it was probably just too old to take the command or something, and I'm sunsetting the device entirely this week.

Thanks anyways,

ShackDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back