Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syslog server & netflow server 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevint21

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
GB
Hello, i have setup a linux pc in work with Fedora Core 8. Does anyone know of free LINUX Syslog server software and Netflow server software so that i can view logs/data from our switched and routers on the network?

All "syslog" for linux are "free". syslogng is best for network logging capture.

Haven't a clue what netflow is, but there are plenty of syslog output filters/readers/monitors.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Does anyone know where i can get a 100% working download of syslogng. I have tried about 6 downloads and they all seem to be having a problem somewhere. Is their a straight forward way of installing this. I seem to run into walls everytime.

How are you trying to download/install? I'm confident that it's a package under Fedora - which would still be available via 'yum install syslogng' or '...syslog-ng'

I don't run Fedora anymore, so that's would I would have expected.

If your package management updates aren't working at all, that's a considerably larger concern.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back