Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYS MGR Importing Of Dial Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlepuke

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
Hi All,
I want to do something very simple. Duplicate one dial pattern for 50 new numbers that are not yet in System Manager. Having not done it before, my fear is that I will overwrite all the dial patterns in the system when I'm actually only trying to add 50. Does anyone know if importing Dial Patterns is as simple as importing stations?
What would be your step by step if you wanted to export one Dial Pattern to clone? I don't see an option to just export one. And I notice that it exports it as XML.

Basically, how would you duplicate a dial pattern 50 times without doing it manually? And can anyone confirm that if I do an import, it's not overwriting the entire Dial Pattern table, but simply adding some?

Thanks, and if possible could anyone point me to a procedure online?

Thanks!

ProVision would let you do it excel-style.

You might be able to use a text editor like sublime text to take the export of a single dial pattern and copy paste a bunch to build your XML.

Thanks Kyle,
Good info.
But would an import overwrite the entire database of Dial Patterns or would it just ADD To them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back