Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYQUEST - Re: Linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy432

Technical User
Jan 21, 2008
CA
This is pretty confusing .. but will try my best.. The place I work at - uses satellite for their internet connection. In one office ( call it office 1)- is the main modem. There is a PC in that office - with a wireless network adaptor. This pc is working properly and can get a net connection..

In the office next door ( another building right next to the main one , will call office 2) ....there is also a pc - with a wireless network adaptor plugged in to a usb port in the back of it.
There is also a router ( linksys )in office 2 - which I am not sure why we even have in there - as nothing was ever plugged into the back of it but for the power adaptor - yet we still got the internet .

One day , out of nowhere , we were unable to get a net connection in "office 2". The message we get now - is that the wireless connection is connected - status strength excellent - yet - we cannot get the net persay ( ie) Internet explorer - says page cannot be found)... I get the same message on my own laptop - as I do on the actual office 2 pc. It is DHCP ( not static ) - if that helps you.

Any ideas for trouble shooting? I have called linksys - and they were not understanding my English ( apparently) because they were of no help at all. I have called the ISP that my work goes through - and they too have been no help.

At wits end !

You may be better in this group

forum730

However. I would firstly check that the Office 2 is connecting to the correct network. Someone else may of set up another network and it has started connecting to that instead.

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back