Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synthesis of "wait until" with Xilinx Project Navigator

Status
Not open for further replies.

annadorian

Programmer
Oct 6, 2005
DE
Hi all!
I have a test bench for one of my designs and it works perfectly but currently I have to test my design with a real FPGA. So I have to synthesize it using Xilinx Project Navigator. Here I have some problems:( I can not synthesize fragment which is listed below and I do not know how to pass my problem. Because Xilinx does not support such kind of stuff:( Any ideas?

process
--some code which does not matter for my problem
while num_words < MAX_WORDS loop
wait until rising_edge(sys_clk_out);
--some code
end loop;
end process;

Thank you very much indeed in any advance.

annadorian,

In my expirience wait until statements do not synthesize.

I am not sure what exactly you want to do but if you want to wait for the condition to become true and then to perform some actions I suggest you try it like this.

process(sys_clk_out)
begin
if rising_edge(sys_clk_out)
if (num_words > MAX_WORDS)
-- statements you want to perform
end if;
end if;
end process;

If you assign signals in this process then if the condition is not valid the signals will keep their value, so I would add an else to the inner if to make sure the signals have an alternate value for when the condtion is not true.

I hope I understood you intentions correctly. If not maybe you can provide me with some more information on what it is you are trying to do.

regards

jeandelfrigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back