Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syntex highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I found this very nice component while browsing at some help sites.
Its name is Synedit, the component lets you use syntex highlighting for many types of scripts.
including html, C++, inno setup, php, JAVA script, Visual Basic, Visual Basic script, Css, Xml and many more. Go here synedit.sourceforge.net for a full list.

Before you start

You can download the component at
The guide

First install the component.
(a guide to install components commes later.)

Now
After you have installed the components find the tab called "synedit" and select the component called "synedit". Put it in your program (its a text editor)
now to make it work with the highliters select a highliter from the tab "SynEdit highlighters" and put it in your program.
After you have done this press at the "SynEdit component" so you see the properties for the component in the "Object inspector" and find the option called "Highlighter". Select the "highliter" you have selected for your program in the dropdown box.

SynEdit is also capable of doing the normal editor stuff like undo, redo, cut, copy, paste etc.

You are now ready to go and make your own script program.
I hope you can use this litle article. :)

If you succeed then help others :D

ken Christensen
Christensenken@hotmail.com

I use one called Color Memo, don't have the address, what I like about it is that it extends the standard TMemo, and it's really simple to use, SynEdit is a bit difficult to set up, least I found it that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back