Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

syntaxFromSQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeetz1

Programmer
Nov 28, 2000
US
I am trying to build a grid datawindow using SyntaxfromSQL which has a group. I cannot get the syntax correct for the Presentation Style. I can create a grid but not a grid with a group by column. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jerry

Have you tried the DWSyntax tool? (go to new then the tool tab).

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

hi,

you should first create the datawindow in datawindow-painter in PB. then export ist do tisk from librarypaynter and then analyse the syntax. from that you can get the correct syntax.

syntaxfromsql returns a string containing the syntax for dw.create() but cannot handle groups. before creating the dw you need to manipulate the sysntax manually or in a script.

ls_dw_create = sqlca.syntaxfromsql( "select ....", "Style=(type=group) group( 1 2)", errors)

group(1 2) means the dw isgrouped by coumn 1 (first group) column 2(second group)

this creates syntx for freestyle dw always.
change the processing property in the ls_dw_create from processing=0 to processing=1

unfortunatly you have to change in ls_dw_syntax also all columns x,y and width property to correct values. how to do that you can get the information from the exported grid example dw with groups.

I hope this helps

Bernd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back