Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syntax required for managed URL in BO XI R2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have following environment and setup:
BO XI R2, SQL 2k, JSP Report UI.

We have 300 reports are all are based on Stored procedures.
What I want to do is:
User login to JSP report UI, enter values for all parameters and JSP UI create and passes a managed URL possessing all report related parameters, login User ID (for security/rights/authentications), Reportid, Sql database userid and password and passes to BO XI R2, which calls report from report repository saved in Dev folder on XI R2 which later retrieves data from Stored procedure and display on Active X viewer.

My problem is I am unable to create a complete managed URL to pass it to XI R2.

At this point I don't know the syntax to add parameters in in my URL. If I execute above URL, it takes me to parameter selection page. once enter all parameters promts me to SQL login and password info and display the report.

Lets suppose If I have three parameter as:
@discipline = New
@Location = Chicago
@Start_Date = 02/01/2007

Do you think, it gonna be:
lsSparamDiscipline=New&lsSparamLocation=Chicago&lsSparamStart_Date=Date(2007,1,2)

Do I need to include @ sign.
Does date format need to be changed.

I created one report without any parameter and published it on server.
Once i passed the above URL, it prompted me to a page for Enterprise userid and password even it was included in the URL and then after enter it, it prompts me for SQL login and password for ODBC DSN used in the report.

Can you also inform, how to pass SQL login and password info in URL too.

Please advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back