Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syntax error MySQL CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

techhead100k

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
US
I was able to log onto the mysql server with MySQL Control Center. Whne I went to the tables and slected new table, I got the syntax error and was instructed by the program to go to the "sql editor" in the options menu under "general" and correct it. It is currently showing my domain url ie;
What should be in here to make it work?

I am currently very new to MySQL and am basically just experimenting with the MySQL Control Center in hopes to figure out how to run it. Eventually, I will add php, but for now I hope to simply learn to create tables and get the MySQL basic.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi, techhead,

I made a similar experience like you did, and so i changed to phpMyAdmin. It's easy to install and it works fine.

In my sight MySQL CC is just a work in progress and an awful dummy - no Manual, no help available, nothing.

I don't want to blame the team that develops mysql CC, but - if the Control Center is just a beta that they publish, can't they publish a beta-Manual also?

Thomas

OK, now it makes sense because I couldn't get that thing to work to save my life. I also now loaded admin and am up and running.

Thanks tlubi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back