Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syncronizing Exchange E-mail with VersaMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta3jbm

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2003
US
I am a user of an older Palm V series and have users who are purchasing the Palm Tungsten T3. The problem is syncronizing their Outlook E-mail Inbox with the Palm through VersaMail. We are running Exchange 5.5 with Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1 clients. The setup seems to vary between systems, some work with a POP setup while others work with IMAP. Any suggestions?

Well, I have not used the Tungston, but I have used a Kyocera 7135 to syncronize with a Exchange 5.5 with IMAP. The main problem is access to the mail server, because usually the IMAP access isn't availiable from the outside because of firewalls etc. I used a VPN client and syncronized with the IMAP throught one of the External Assigned IPs. POP usually can be read from the outside, and less needs to be done. You have better control over stuff with the IMAP, as well as Other folders at the office. Which is one of the features I liked, I had a Dozen or so that I could just syncronize with the palm device. On pop the folders are local usually. I hope this helps you.

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing (synchronize Outlook with my Palm Tungsten E).

Where can I find the External Assigned IPs? Should I look in Outlook?

Thanks,
scripter73

Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life.

Well actually the Ips are defined in the PIX Security Setup. I setup our IPSec stuff, so I knew how to config and what IPs to use. you need to talk to the Admin Type person there and pick his brain. You of course may need a VPN, connection, maybe not depending on the Setup you have. VPN will guarantee access and count out the firewall. If you can get it working with your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back