Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syncing file server to sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howesjaybird

Technical User
Dec 18, 2012
CA
Hey All,

i am trying to help out a friend of mine with his company, he is looking to have work done remotely and i suggested Microsoft 365 just so everything is standardized.

I am wondering if I can get a bit of a lesson.

He currently has a file server that all his members are networked to in his office. I was thinking about getting Microsoft365 accounts for all his team members and put the admin MS365 account on the file server computer. then I was going to sync those file from the file server to sharepoint so his members can work remotely and all the data inputted to those files will be synced and backed up for the members in the office.

could you please let me know if this is doable and how I would go about getting this done.

thank you
jay

Have you considered using OneDrive? much easier then scripting a way to go into and out of sharepoint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back