Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronizing Profile with Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienZ

Technical User
Apr 17, 2002
DE
Hi.

I have Outlook 97 installed on a XP machine that will not synchronize with the Exchange Server. When I click on the check name it thinks for a while before the logon screen appears. I enter correct details and get a message back saying "The logon credentials provided were incorrect. Make sure your username and password are correct, then type your password again" However many times I enter in correct information this message appears.

This profile works on 'other' machines including XP installs, so I know there is no problem with the profile. I've never come across this error before, so if anyone can shed any light for me I would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Make sure your keyboard is set correctly. Before you log in to XP the 'default user' keyboard settings will be used, after you log in it is profile dependent.
Try opening Notepad and make sure your pwd types in OK.
Of course this could only be the problem if you have chars in your pwd that are non-alphanumeric.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back