Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronizing exchange pst Calender with MailBox Calender

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurie

Programmer
Jun 4, 2008
ZA
I have a PST file that serves as my default data file for mail in Outllok
2007/2010. When I connect to through my company's Exchange Server, all of my mail,
etc., is transferred to my personal PST file. A bad side effect thous is that all my Outlook calendar items are not visible on the Exchange Server. People wanting to schedule meetings with me show that I have no scheduled meetings. How do I synchronize my calendar items from my personal PST with the Exchange Server calender for my mailbox?

It snychronizing by itself on sme machines and some its not.
Does anyone know how to fix this

You need 3rd party software, IIRC.

Generally, mail goes to a mailbox and stays there so it's available to you via Exchange and Outlook Web Access. Also so that your Free/Busy info is available to others who need to view/schedule you.

Moving data to a .pst rarely has its advantages - especially when Exchange is in the picture. RPC/HTTP is a much better solution in 2003.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks guys, most machines on our domain are synchronizing automatically while only a few are not. looks like its not a third party problem but a configuration setting problem on those particular machines.

Regads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back