Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronizing CR Cache Server to CR Page Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxandy

Vendor
Apr 30, 2007
GB
In BOE XIR2, I'm getting the following message:

The Page Server you are trying to connect to is not accessible. Please contact your system administrator.

Although the CCM said that all servers had started, my CMC showed otherwise. I therefore stopped and restarted my servers from the CCM. Now the CMC is fine.

According to the Knowledge Base, I should go to the Cache Server on the CMC and - in metrics - I should click refresh to synchronize the Page and Cache server.

I have done this to no effect - the Page Server field in the Cache Server Metrics is still blank.

Does anyone have any ideas?

... I should have said that I only get this when I try to open a Crystal Report on demand.

The report in question uses ODBC on Informix data through a Transoft U/SQL connection, and refreshes no problem.

How does this report display when SCHEDULED and then Viewed from HISTORY...?

Which viewer are you using...?

Does this happen only in InfoView or also when you PREVIEW the Object in CMC...?

Are you on a single BOE-XI server oe in a clustered install...?

Do reports from other datasources work OK on this environment...?

Hi MJRBIM - thanks for taking the time to reply...

Using ActiveX viewer;
Only tried it in InfoView so far, but I will try it in the CMC and see how I go;
Very much a single BOE-XI server installed on Windows XP (I know, I know but I'm only using it to train myself a bit further lol)
I've just changed the datasource to an Access DB and I will see how that works.

I'll keep you 'posted' - sorry about the terrible pun.

The olde standard is to reboot the box.

My trick is to always install Crystal Reports on the CE server as well, it returns more meaningfuerrors and allows for quicker diagnosis.

-k

As soon as I change the data source from a Transoft ODBC connection to a Microsoft Access ODBC one pointing to a data source on my local machine, it appears to be working fine.

Weird thing is though, the report refreshes OK when I run it manually with the old settings.

... more investigation methinks.

Is the ODBC set-up as a SYSTEM DSN...?

The account the BOE-XI services run under need to have access to both the ODBC SYSTEM DSN and the network location if the data is out on the network.

USER DSN is specific to your user, not the account the BOE-XI services run under.

That's a fair point...

As a default, the dsn gets set up as both a system AND a user dsn, BUT I almost always use the user dsn as it has no impact whatsoever when I extract data into my normal apps (Excel and Access).

I'll give it a go.

Once again, thanks for the inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back