Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronizing 2 Databases 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomH356

Technical User
Aug 1, 2002
US
I have Synched (via ACT!5.0 Synch/Database/Send&Receive) 2 databases, both are located on my notebook computer. Upon completion, the 2 databases still have a different number of contact/records (they differ by 86 contact/recoreds. How can this be correct? Isn't the Synching process supposed to make duplicates out of the two datbases-data ? Help..what have I done wrong ? Thanks, Tom Hudson tom.hudson@eds.com

We have had the same problem several times ourselves. If you watch your synching choices there is a way to keep deleted contacts from coming back. What has happened to you is one dbase has deleted the contact, but in synching the other stickes it back in there. Check all of the options before you synch again and you should be able to " not add deleted contacts" or choose what to do for each difference the system should find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back