Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronize swatches between Adobe CS2 applications 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuca

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
BR
Is it possible to do that? For example: I have a Indd file with specific swatches and placed Ai CS2 files that use the same swatches. I know i can "save for exchange", but what if i need to edit the swatche in a later moment. I mean, i have a specific green that i used in this indd file and in the links within. How do i do to change it to a light green and have it changed in the indd and the linked files?

I'm using mac os x

thanks

Unfortunately, any changes would require a new ASE (adobe swatch exchange) file. However, if you define your colors in the linked .ai file and use those imported swatches in InDesign, you could make the swatch changes in the .ai file and then the swatch would update in InDesign. Even if you run into the buggy swatch that just won't update, you could delete it from the InDesign file and replace it with the new swatch.

Good idea. I'll have plenty of work any way cause there are many ai files.
I miss something similar to what you can do with swatches in book files of Indesign but between Adobe applications.

Not quite sure I understand question - sort of in a fog today due to a cold.

If you have multiple cases of the same color in your indesign swatches window, you can select all those (hold down shift key on mac when selecting -assume alt on pc) and the choose "merge swatches" from flyout menu on the swatches palette.

You can then use that merged swatch - by changing it via swatch option - to make a global color change on objects created in Indesign.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Ok
i try to explain in another way.
I have an .indd file where i use a swatch green. In this file there are many .ai files linked that use the same green. I want to turn this green in a light green without doing it in every illustrator file. I was wondering if i save the .ase file i could change it automatically in all files (indesign and illustrator).
I don't want only changes in the Indesign file, but also in the Illustrator files together.
Thanks anyway.

I don't want only changes in the Indesign file, but also in the Illustrator files together."

WO!!!
Thanks InDesign you can't do this !

I use CS1 and it can't be done in CS1 since the AIs are only links to be editied in their native app.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back