Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronization issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leenie

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
CA
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes:

Can anyone tell me why when I am logging onto our network domain with my username and I watch the whole synchronization process, I am also synchronizing some files from 2 other users on our domain?

Thanks very much.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

does your system tell you whats being synchronized, like Mail etc?

Yes, each user is supposed to synchronize 3 folders (and their subfolders) on the server. So for myself I should only be synchronizing the following:

domain\user folders\clane\documents
domain\user folders\clane\application data
domain\user folders\clane\desktop

However, I'm also a few files for 2 other users for some reason.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

was this sync process setup by a systems admin? If so you may want to ask him/her to have a look at your script.

Do you think it might be because those 2 people logged on to my pc at some point. I originally asked this question because I was getting "Access denied" errors while trying to sync their files. What I did to resolve the error issue was log in as both of them once which obviously gave me access to their files. Now when I log on as myself I see their files synching, but I don't get the errors at least. I'll look into the script. Thanks!

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back