Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronise two directories (LDAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanis97

Programmer
Jan 26, 2004
FR
Hello;

I search a solution for the following problem :

My Web application uses a LDAP to locate into a DMZ to identify of the externs users. This directory contains 2 organizations: the external users + interns and it is update by another LDAP located into the LAN (local network)by using automatic replication.
My application modifies of the data (passwords of the external users) from the LDAP of the DMZ.
But its prohibited to replique of the DMZ towards the LDAP of the LAN.
Then I try to find a solution to synchronize the 2 directories, especially the direction DMZ => LAN.

Any solution will be the welcome.

Regards;

Not sure if I fully understand the details of the problem. Maybe if you could try to answer these questions?

1. What are the vendors and versions of BOTH directory servers (LDAP server)?
2. Are both servers able to accept writes to the directory (to the LDAP servers)?
3. Replication occurs automatically from your internal directory to the external directory in the DMZ?
4. Replication does not occur automatically from your extermal directory in the DMZ to the internal directory?

-Chris Larivee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back