Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync Exchange Server with Treo 650 Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
CA
Hello all,

We setup a user to be able to sync his Treo 650 Phone with the exchange server and he was able to sync successfully.

Now he is not able to receive any emails from the Exchange server to his Treo Phone but the sync says its successful.

If anyone has experience and solved this problem please let me know

Thanks,
Marz

What 3rd party product are you using for the sync? Remember that the Treo 650 runs the Palm OS and Microsoft ActiveSync only supports the Windows Mobile OS.

Hello,

On the Treo we are using Microsoft ActiveSync.

But its strange... in the first few days when we were doing the sync we were able to see emails on the Treo but now it also syncs but we don't see any of the emails on the Palm Treo 650.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Marcelo

Since the Treo650 runs PalmOS, you need some 3rd party program such as GoodLink. The ActiveSync only supports Windows Mobile. Alternativly, you can setup a PC to do the mail checking for your Treo and send it out using the software that came with the phone.

this is not true... the 650's have versamail software and the an active sync program on them. they work fine with Exchange 2003 sp2. They just can't get mail pushed to them like WM5 phones. The 650 can sync calendar and mail only though.

Have you tried deleting the account in versamail and re-setting it up. to do this you need to create a 2nd account and then delete the first one b/c you can't delete the primary account

Hello Mitzysman,

That is correct we are using Versamail on the 650 Treo adn use use the active sync program.

First couple of days our employee was able to see his emails.. .but now when he syncs he doesnt' get an error.... everything seems to be connecting properly but now no emails appear on his treo but it says sync is successful.

any ideas what the problem could be.

Thanks,
Marz

have you turn on logging of active sync to maximum on the server to see what is up ? I really don't know the answer.

Hello,

I just went to the Exchange Properties and under MSExchangeActiveSynchNotify, and under Categories I setup the Logging Level to Maximum for the following Categories:

OMA Push Categorizer and OMA Push Event Sink.

Hope I get the answers of the problems we are currently having.

Were would the logs be saved under?

Thanks,

Marz

I got the following message:

Source: MobileAdmin
Category: None
Event ID: 0

Desctription:
The transaction log was cleared by DOMAIN\Administrator

I'll have to tell our employee to try to sync to the exchange server to see if we get any erros on the log.

I don't know if it will show any erros because when he syncs to the exchange server using active sync, it says successful but no emails appear on his phone.

On MS outlook and OWA all emails are there and can be seen.

thanks,
Marcelo

mitzysman, if you read my first sentence I ask what 3rd-party product he's using. That's exactly what Versamail is...unless Microsoft has released a new product. I offered GoodLink as one of many solutions for sync'ing a Treo 600/650 since that's what I've used with great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back