Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Web Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencert

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
Is any one using WebClient with SCCS? I would like to know how you setup the networking portion of these two servers?

I haven't but I know someone that has, and although it was difficult to set up, he got it working and says it's great. Give me your email and I will see if he can call you.

Have him reply to the post so other readers can benefit from any words of wisdom he gives.

You Install Web Server software in a different PC, Which has a Nic Card that connect to Customer Lan. In Web Server Config there is a place to put the SCCS Clan IP adress as well Multicast Address same as SCCS server. In SCCS server enable Multicast, then the two servers are connected together.

I set this up and wasn't all that hard. Just follow the installation instructions and it's pretty straight forward.

SCCS 5.0 can be Install with Co-resident with Web Client in the same server if you Using OS 2003 machine. This is very simple

is there other documentation other then on the webclient install cd that you followed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back