Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Web Client & SOAP Client problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earls56

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
I have several Web Clients that try to access Symposium but get the message they need SOAP client. It asked if you want to install it and if you answer "Yes" it looks like it does install it. Then you try to log in and it gives you the same question about SOAP client needs to be installed. We are using Windows 2000 OS with Internet Explorer as the Browser. Has anyone run into this situation and how did you get it resolved? I think it has to do with Novell or encryption.

Uninstall and reinstall SOAP as a local administrator account. Also add the SWC server as a trusted site in Internet Explorer and set the Active-x downloads to Enable in advanced properties. This is documented in the Installation and Maintenance help if you need some deeper explanations of the procedure.

Thank you for the information. I will have the IT people look into those things.

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back