Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Server Communication Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dummyspy

Vendor
May 18, 2004
MY
Does anyone know what are the port open at the TCP/IP for communication of Real Time display?

Does the SCCS server scan client for UDP port 6020,6030,6040,6050,6060,6070?

Is there anyway in the SCCS that we can see what port they use and what are they used for?

I had search through the manual and did not manage to get any clue.

There is not a single port that is used, but different ports for different functions. Plus, many of the ports used are dynamically allocated, so they change all the time. (These are ports out of the "well-known" port number range. The client application selects a source port number at random and uses it in its intial connection establishment message to the server. The server then uses it in all subsequent replies to the client -- ephemeral port numbers.)

The Symposium Web Client Server and the Symposium server must be able to communicate with each other on all TCP ports. The traditional Symposium "fat" classic client uses dynamically allocated TCP ports to communicate with the server and cannot be separated from the server by a packet filtering firewall.

If you are using the Symposium Web Client, it is possible to separate the supervisor PCs from the Web Client server with a firewall. It uses these ports:

25 (SMTP)
UDP Ports 6020,6030, 6040, 6050, 6060, 6070, 6080, 6090, 6100, 6110, 6120, 6130, 7020, 7030, 7040, 7050, 7060, 7070, 7080, 7090, 7100, 7110, 7120, 7130

More information can be found in the Symposium Web Client Planning, Installation, and Administration Guide.

Thanks... so i am right that unless the SWC feature is turn on in the SCCS, SCCS should have scan SCCS client end for the UDP port right?

Actually I have the firewall team blocking my IP recently after I turn on the feature on the SCCS for SWC because they said that the SCCS were scanning on the client end for UDP 6060 to 6090.

I never have this problem till recently.

The ports in the 6xxx range that I listed are used by SWC to receive multicasting data from the Symposium (real tiem reporting and agent desktop display). You can go into the Symposium and set up a session to watch it send information out on those ports.

Then, the SWC will use those ports in the 7xxx range to send IP multicasting data to client PCs (real time reporting and agent desktop displays). Port 8200 will be used by client pcs for the emergency help component. The SWC also uses port 80 for the web browser interface, port 3389 for terminal services (scripting component), and 25 for the historical reporting component (to send email notifications when reports are printed and/or saved).

If I read the above correctly, then the ADD clients as well as the Symposium Web Clients talk only to the SWC and not SCCS. Is this correct ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back