Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium script help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevatwork

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2006
Very new to this

i was asked to create a script that would do the following:

When customer is transfered to dn 1084

If no answer or 25 seconds

they would be given music

then be directed back to dn 1084

in a loop until 1084 is answered.

Question:
Can i use no answer in event handler

Does no answer count as ivr response fail in event handler?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

Is 1084 someone's phone? I would advise against queueing a call to a single point if there's a chance it won't be answered.

Could you set the user of 1084 as an agent and give them a skillset. You could then check if the 1084 agent is logged in and send the call elsewhere/play a mesage if they're not.

DD

DancingDave:

1084 is a message that plays for customers, problem is i only have 6 channels for this and they are often full, so the customer has to listen to ringing phone until channel opens for them, i want to have music play between checks for open channel.

Trevor

Are you using an external announcement system (e.g Cook or Interalia)? Can you set up the announcement as a Recorded Announcement (RAN) route?

The typical way to play a delay message is with the GIVE RAN xx command where xx is the route number.

You can use the event handler as a back-up in case the announcement does not play.

But your root cause needs to be addressed (as I'm sure you know). You may need to put a ceiling on the number of calls in queue until you can get extra capacity. An example would be to put a check in the (master) script like this:

IF QUEUED CALL COUNT skillset > X THEN
GIVE BUSY
END IF

Trevatwork, can you post your current script? If callers are hearing ringing until the RAN is free, it sounds like this is the opening line of the script -- maybe a mandatory "your call may be monitored" recording? You might start with a different command, such as GIVE MUSIC. That works especially well if the callers had already come through a menu. At least that would get rid of the recording. I'd also look into other options on the PBX, such as RAN broadcast, or CallPilot/Meridian Mail treatments for ACCESS or GIVE IVR.

But what you are asking to do...no, that is not the way these systems will work. And I don't think it really is what you would want ideally anyway, is it?

Thanks for the sugestions everyone the problem is:

The call has already gone to skillset, agent has changed services for customer, customer needs to listen to an announcement, so at end of call agent transfers to 1084 where customer can listen to recorded message. We have 7 ivr lines on callpilot 3 strictly for this message. If all 3 Channels are in use, the customers just hear ringing until spot opens up and message plays.

I tried this simple script:

GIVE IVR theIVR WITH Treatment ivr1084_gv
wait 20
GIVE MUSIC theMusic_rt
wait 20

once it goes to 1084 and keeps ringing it will not go back to music after 20 seconds like i hoped.

just try to music before give ivr as below,

GIVE MUSIC theMusic_rt
wait 1 -----> /*it needs a short break before next command*/

wait 20

Regards,
aasatekin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor