Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium \ Meridian and Envox CT Connect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ll2005

Technical User
Oct 25, 2005
GB
Hi,

We have 3 sites each with a Meridian 81c Rel25.40 and Symposium CCS 4.2. Looking to install Envox CT Connect 6.1 for CTI functionality. We will be passing data between the sites and we want to keep call control with the Symposium servers so CT Connect will be monitoring only. Any know issues with this configuration or anything we need to watch for?

Thanks

I have similar problem.
Configuration: Meridian Succession + CT Connect 6.1 + TAPI 3.0 (all on the separated servers).
Problem: from CT Connect and from TAPI all lines will be in monitoring state only, cant controlled.
What I can do for correct this, for control all phone lines ?

I found sollution of problem on Nortel oficcial site:

When configuring multiple e-lan's on the M1, make sure that SECU = YES in LD17 on all configured e-lans. SECU = YES is required for users to outbound dial from a TAPI Application. SECU = YES for the CallPilot will not effect the operation of the CallPilot.

I hope that this information will help you.

We have exactly the same set up and are using CT Connect to track data captured by an IVR.

We have had difficulties with calls entering via a switch that wasn't hosting the IVR. The accepting Meridian routes the call to the one with the IVR hanging off of it. The IVR then determines that the call is to go to a third site. In this scenario the call data isn't transferred. We have had to reengineer so that all calls will come into the site hosting the IVR.

DD

To ff7121:
Hi, I would be very interested in your opinion about the following problem.

Nortel does not support controling of the phoneset by two applications, in this case Nortel TAPI SP and CT Connect. Don't you know if it is somehow possible to force CT Connect to pass all the requests towards the PBX via Nortel TAPI SP?

To reyf:
In my situation PBX interact only with Symposium Call Center Server. Symposium Call Center Server provide MLSM service for external applications interaction with PBX resources.

CT Connect and Nortel TAPI SP interact with PBX via MLSM service on Symposium server and all worked correctly :)

I dond know when you can force CT Connect to pass all the requests towards the PBX via Nortel TAPI SP. But other cheme can be possible! This cheme - enables TAPI applications to access the telephony features of a switch through a CTC server.
CTC developer official site provide product "Envox CT Connect for TAPI Software": Very interesting product, but, unfortunately, not tested by me :(

If this information interesting for you and you will test this cheme, please inform me, because this is very interesting and non standardt solution!

To ff7121:
Thanks for your reply. I'll try to take a look at Envox CT Connect for TAPI Software but I am not sure if this is really what we need. We do not want to substitute Nortel TAPI SP.

One more thing. Do you control with CT Connect and TAPI same phonesets?

To reyf:
Same phonesets were monitored with CT Connect and TAPI simultaneously. CT Connect interface used for Siebel CRM and TAPI SP used for other third party Symposium Call Center agents Voce Recording System (as telephony messages monitoring part of the system).
Controlling of same phonesets with two interfaces simultaneously not tested by me. But I think, that this in not a problem, because both interfaces working via MLSM service on Symposium server!

To ff7121:
Hmmm, this is exactly what we are trying to solve. ;-)Customer wants to use Siebel and since there is probably no way how to make it work together with TAPI(it works with MLSM of SCCS), we offered to the customer to use CT Connect instead of TAPI.

Do you use both applications(the Siebel one and the TAPI one) to control the phonesets for example for outgoing calls? Our customer wants to have all phonesets configured for both applications.

To reyf:
Yes, we use both applications (the Siebel and the TAPI-based lines monitoring for Call Recording System) to control the phonesets for incoming and outgoing calls with helping 2 communication interfaces (CTC and TAPI).
But, of cause, optimally use only one communication interface (CTC) if its possible.
But in my situation this impossible...

To ff7121:
I see. I thought that it is working. The problem is that we were told that Nortel does not support such solution. Therefore when we would require support from Nortel they will refuse to help us.

Hello all,

I just want to let you know that I got an info that Nortel supports such configuration that two applications controls one device. However, you have to ensure that these applications will not try to control the resource at one time.
Therefore my preview post is not right.

Hello All,

We have a situation where we are unable to login fom siebel softphone onto the nortel telesets. once they login hard phone its getting synchonized mostly.
we are using CT Connect 6.1 and symposium 6.0 with meridian switch 81C.
we have only ACD DN's in symposium and dont have regular DN's configured in symposium. should they be?
Also do we need to connect CT Connect to switch also with a CTI link rather than only connecting to symposium.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Manoj

CT Connect worked with switch throw Symposium MLSM service which communicate with switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back