Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium & HDX info

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3nl

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2004
NL
Hi to all Symposium fanatics,

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread about collecting digits from within sympoosium. This works like a charm now.

So time for the next step: checking the diallers input against an external database!

I understand that I need to use HDX for this. I found some articles referring to HDX. Is there anyone who has experience with implementing HDX? Advice and or step-by-step are very welcome.

TIA
Michel, The Netherlands

I am very interested in this as well. I use a mysql database. What is needed to make the connections from symposium to the database? I understand that 5.0 has a Database wizard but 4.2 does not. However I currently have 4.2 so I guess the connection has to be made manually?

Thanks,

Dusty

We use HDX at two locations. The Symposium side was easy. Look at the HDX API Programmer's guide for lots of info. The scripting examples are clear in the Scripting Guide.
Getting Visibroker licensed and communicating properly was a greater challenge. Also be aware that under moderate to heavy traffic conditions it can be very processor intensive so make sure your server is sufficient.

Will I need to purchase the HDX API's then? Where can I get the programmers guide?

I can't seem to log on to Nortel's tech doc site right now but as I recall that's where we got the HDX API info. Check your services and see if you have TFA_Bridge, TFA, RSM, and Nameserver. If so, that should be all you need on the Symposium side. They sit idle until called by the script.

rfwhite thank you for your information. I will check for the services when I'm at the office tommorow.

Greetings,

Michel

I just happened to be reading the Database Integration Guide, and came across this:

The Symposium Database Integration service is installed automatically as part of the Symposium Call Center Server installation. It runs as a Symposium Call Center Server service once it is enabled by a keycode.

So I'm guessing that in order to use it, you've gotta purchase a license for it...

You could also consider asking your telecoms provider to host this service for you (dependent upon the details of what you are wanting to do).

We are about to use our service provider to prompt users for a PIN (in order to segment customers). The system looks up the PIN in a database and if it is valid, passes the call through, otherwise a message is played and they are cut. I don't see any reason why they couldn't use the collected digits to route the calls to the appropriate CDNs on your switch.

The main advantages to us are
1) No need to implement/integrate an HDX server, plus the ongoing maintenance, patching anti-virus set up
2) The supplier can provide greater resilience and processing power

This comes with the 5.0 documention:

Database_Integration_User_Guide_Apr2004.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back