Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Express Client install on XP (SECC 4.2) and Novell Netware

Status
Not open for further replies.

RParent

MIS
Feb 6, 2004
US
After several hours, a colleague helped me develop a .reg file that can be run on our standard XP station, running a Novell client (authenticating to a Novell 6 server), allowing any user to run Symposium Express. It does not require the user to have workstation admin rights, either. This is a deviation from the Nortel supported installation. However, I found that the only account that could launch Symposium Express, regardless of the workstation admin rights, was the account under which it was installed so I needed a fix for any user who may run the application.
- This .reg file fixes "windows installer" errors that appeared for any user trying to run the application (the error occurred even with full admin rights, if it wasn't the user who installed the software)
- this reg file can be merged via a batch file, eliminating the need for workstation admin rights.

If interested, please let me know:
rachpare@sarmc.org

Cheers,
Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back