Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Express 4.2 Sysadmin Class of Service issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

netgun777

Vendor
May 11, 2004
AU
Hi guys,

I wonder if you ever seen something like this related to rights and permissions to sysadmin account.

When I get logged in into SMI via client sotfware or even on the server, with Sysadmin's account credentials I get no rights to create, modify of delete user classes. I cannot change existing user class properties, assignments or even members. All of the user class permissions are blank and dead. It is strange access level limitation like this account is not allowed such changes. It realy causes pains since I cannot change senior supervisor's assignments and permissions to even run some of the reports which I need them to access.

Any ideas are really appreciated from your guys.

Thanks much

The SECC 4.2 predefined access classes. I have found the same things, you cannot modify the predefined access classes that are included in the software.

Yeh - it is the issue I guess as well. I just thouth that I can assign user - senior supervisor for instance some extend of administrative tasks like complete reporting ability. Do you know if this is possible on Express 4.2 version ?

Thanks so much for you hint too.

As I know described by you functionality is not supported by Symposium Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back