Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium CC5 Not sending multicast for ADD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lardom

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2008
CA
Hi,

We have a SCC5 that has been moved to a new location but kept his IP configuration. I have to say that we tried to change it following some information found in this forum but had some problems starting the configuration tools after changing the IP on the NIC. So we rolled back the configuration and were able to make it work again with the PBX and CallPilot.

Now the problem resides with the ADD not showing any data. Can someone explain the difference between all the configuration tools for multicast? I want to be sure I'm not missing anything here.
[ul]
[li]ADD Server Configuration Parameters[/li]
[li]Multicast Address and Port Configuration[/li]
[li]Server Setup Configuration[/li]
[li]mRcv.ini[/li]
[/ul]

In Multicast Address and Port Configuration there is an IP address of 230.0.0.1 with the standard ports, I think. If I use a tool to listen to Multicast I can see data comming from 230.0.0.1 from every ports configured. So this seems to work but does not seem to be the ADD data.

Then I tried to configure the mRcv.ini. It has the following lines :

Code:
[MCast]
IP = 230.0.0.3
Port = 6060

When I test with the mRcv tool I get the following result :

Code:
Multicast Address: Port Selection: 6060.

adapter 0 -

So I don't see the IP address that is configured in the ini file I just see the port.

No mather what I change either in the mrcv.ini file or in the ADD Server Configuration tool, I never see any multicast traffic comming from the configured IP.

Note that I'm restarting the SDP Service after every configuration change.

My guess is that there is a binding missing somewhere with the NIC and it is not sending the Multicast data out.

There is no problem with our network, I am able to test multicast (with some other tools) from the Symposium server to any client.

Any idea is welcome, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back