Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

symposium agent cdn

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Hi,
We have CDN's set up for our agents in symposium that do not go into the main script. I am not really sure how these cdn's are being used. I am told that when we dial certain CDN's directly, they are busy and never ring. I tried a few cdn's, some ring and some go busy. I do not see a difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Agent could be on a call or not, and it will still ring busy. In the cdn section of symposium they look like this below:

Callback_for_Bill_Johnson 8258 acquired

and that's it. How is this implemented and why do some ring busy and others ring to the set?
Thanks

Look in the PBX and verify that CDN in questions are indeed acquired. Then look at the DFDN field, this is where the call will go if the CDN is not acquire. If a CDN is define in Symposium, but not in the Master script, then the Symposium will send it to default routing. If you want those CDN to work properly, you have to script it, starting with the Master script.

Thanks for the reply. My mistake, they are actually all in the master script, then each user or agent, has there own little script built. When I de acquire the cdn's they will ring, as soon as I acquire them, they go busy.? How are the cdn's supposed to work in this case? The CDN's are not DID's so no one can call them directly.?

When a deacquire CDN is called, it takes the path of the DFDN that's configure during the creation of the CDN in the PBX. If the CDN is acquire and you're getting a busy, you'll have to debug your Master script and primary scripts and possibly any secondary scripts.

Hmmm..ok thanks. We seem to have quite a few busy cdn's. There are more that give a busy signal then actually ring through. Thanks for the replies.

So I just went through a bunch of CDN's. I would say that 1 out of 10 seemed to have worked, the rest gave a busy signal. Do you think this is still some sort of corruption within the scripts?

I would say how the script is written is causing the problem before I believe corruptions. Have you gone through each script and verify the logic within them?

The agent scripts are all the same. We just copy and paste but change the names. Some CDN's work other's do not. I am being told this agent does not get live in-calls either.

/*Andrew_Smith*/
IF OUT OF SERVICE Andrew_Smith
THEN GIVE BUSY
END IF

IF IDLE AGENT COUNT Andrew_Smith < 1
THEN GIVE BUSY
END IF

QUEUE TO SKILLSET Andrew_Smith
WAIT 2

In the master scriot they are all the same as well except cdn's and names

IF CDN = 7264 THEN EXECUTE SCRIPT Andrew_Smith END IF

comment this out or remove entirely.

IF IDLE AGENT COUNT Andrew_Smith < 1
THEN GIVE BUSY
END IF

and tell the agent to login and take himself out of nrd and make a test call.

Will do, but like I said all agents are built the same way for years and I never heard of them not getting calls. But I will try this and see what it does. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back