Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0 migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdupuis2004

Technical User
May 20, 2004
CA
Hi,
We are looking to migrate our Symposium 4.0 => 5.0. We have currently 600 licenses but we would like to go ahead with only 400 licenses... Our vendor told us if we decrease the number of licenses, the upgrade will be consider as a NEW INSTALL and we will LOSE ALL OUR DATABASES! Can someone confirm this please!!

Thank you!

Licenses should have nothing to do with your current database. You are simply chaning a line item on your keycode for the new sccs 5.0 server. Sounds like your vendor needs to do some more work.

But he told me that the upgrade would be like a new install wich that way we would loose our Stats... i know it sounds strange & it might just be a way to sell us the 200 licenses extra.... He can't even bring me a Nortel White paper on it.........

Unfortunately your vendor is right. The problem is that the SCCS software will not let you downgrade your keycode. So if you want to drop a number of agent licenses then you will have to perform a new install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back