Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 4.2 Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxis

MIS
Mar 10, 2003
US
I am getting this error several times a day and can't find anything that I think would cause it. Can someone please help me out and let me know what is causing the error and what I can try to do to fix it?

Thanks.

This is the error message:

"Event from NT System Log(Service Control Manager), Event: ID=7031, Description: The MAS LinkHandler Port #2 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2049 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action."

Do you use the Access option? (via the Voice Prompt Editor)

If not disable the port in the Serial ports section.

When I try to open the serial port information within the Symposium Client it tells me that it can't get the port information from the server.

I had a simliar problem with Symposium Express 3.0. The message refers to the Voice Services Card. We don't have one installed so the message was constant. We were able to disable it by stopping the service "MAS LinkHandler Port #2" from the services screen of control panel.

Bob

Hi, you cannot access your serial port(For disable or enable) unless you shutdown all the services. Therefore, you can only do it until you shutdown all the sccs services. hopes it help.

I forgot I had posted this here. I disabled that MAS service thing like 3 weeks ago and it's been fine since. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back