Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 4.2 - Daylight Savings Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit1

MIS
Mar 6, 2001
US
I have Symposium Express 4.2.
Because of the Daylight savings time issues for March 11th, is there a patch to be loaded. Or does it use the Windows OS date/time? We have the fix for our Windows XP operating systems.

Thanks!

Does this clock off the switch?

When all else fails.......quit!

I spoke with an at&t tech and he said that it should be ok.
We already modified the PBX program.

Yes, it does receive its time from the PBX. So you are ok.

Just make sure you have all the current Symposium Express 4.2 patches installed. Nothing specific, but these systems have had some issues arise with moving time forward/back due to Daylight Savings Time, and there are fixes incorporated in the application patches.

We already changed the time on the PBX so we know Symposium will get the time from the PBX. What about the Window OS on the server? Do we have to run the quick fix for the DST from Microsoft? I have Window 2000 OS on the server.
Please let me know.

Thanks

TechCUTelecom
As long as you have changed updated the PBX there is nothing else you need to do. SCCS gets time from the PBX so you do not need to apply the OS patch.

And to add to that - you should NOT have the Daylight Savings Time box checked on your server, and you should have the Windows Time Service disabled. The latter is especially important if your server is a member of the domain. Symposium/Contact Center gets its time from the PBX via MAS Time Service.

Want to start using the SCCS Web Client and get away from the local client installs. My vendor says I need a web server to handle this. Does this run on the SCCS server or a separate server? Is he blowing smoke, what other gotchas should I expect?

Thanks in advance.

I see that the Agents login is off by one hour!
Is there a fix for that?

nortelinsd- Our historical data is also off by 1 hour. Time on SCCS server is fine. It seems like a problem specific to sybase. Weird thing is that 2 of our 8 servers are fine. All have same software levels/peps applied. I'm trying to find an answer on this myself. I figure if we reboot or restart services- namely HDC or sybase we may fix the problem? Not sure. Anyone else have ideas? Thanks.

Web Client,NCC Replication and Standby servers do not get it's time from the PBX, so you will need a patch for windows 2003 and a manual registry change for windows 2000 servers. You can look at the Nortel bulletin 2007007646 for Contact Center/SCCS 5.0 DST Info. It states

Contact Center Manager Server including:
SCCS, SECC, NCC, Replication Server, standalone License Manager, & LinkPlexer servers)
************************************************************************************************************
CCMS and SCCS/SECC servers update their internal clocks based on timestamps received from
the attached Call Server if it is connected via the AML protocol. In these systems, configuration
of the new daylight saving time information must take place on the attached Call Server. For
information on configuring the Call Server with the new daylight saving time information, please
see the appropriate technical bulletins on this topic for the Call Server products. These can be
found on the Nortel technical support web site:
Once this is done it is also recommended, but not mandatory, to configure the Windows OS by
following APPENDIX A. There is no effect on Contact Center operation if APPENDIX A is not
applied to these systems. However there may be small but inconsequential discrepancies in time
zone information displayed in the Windows user interface and third party applications.
For CCMS and SCCS/SECC servers not connected via AML (ex. CS2100, SL100 and DMS
based systems) and for NCC servers, Replication Server, standalone License Manager servers,
LinkPlexer, and servers that have been configured to use the Windows time service, follow the
procedure described in APPENDIX A for supported Windows OS based systems.
In addition to the above, for CCMS versions SUS0301 and SUS0302, Nortel has provided a PEP
that installs certain fixes to properly handle DST. CCMS_6.0_PEP_030159 should be applied to
CCMS SUS0301 servers. CCMS_6.0_PEP_030238 should be applied to CCMS SUS0302
servers. Both of these PEPs are now generally available. These PEPs should not be installed
on NCC servers, Replication Server, or standalone License Manager servers. Where Replication
Server is used, the PEP should be installed on both the active and standby CCMS server.

Contact Center Manager Administration (including SWC)
For all standalone CCMA and SWC servers, follow the procedure described in APPENDIX A for
Supported Windows OS based systems. For CCMA servers that are co-resident with a CCMS
server, the section above for CCMS servers applies and no further action is required for the
CCMA component.

APPENDIX A - Procedure for supported Windows OS based servers:
********************************************************************************
A hot fix supplied by Microsoft will need to be installed. The hot fix and instructions for its use are
available here:
The above hot fix is applicable to Windows 2003 and Windows XP systems only, and therefore is
not applicable to all Contact Center supported Windows operating systems. For Windows 2000,
a manual registry configuration will be required. This is described on the following Microsoft web
page:

dennislyon - regarding your question of the web server and whether this runs on the SCCS Server or a separate server:

It runs on a separate server, if your O/S is Windows 2000. If it is 2003 and you are SCCS 5.0, it would have been possible to install Web Client coresident with SCCS. However, that decision must be made at the time of initial install; it cannot be added later. Also, your server hardware and partitioning must have taken this into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back