Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sympoisum Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

plshlp123

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
US
I see at Global Knowledger there are two different classes for Symposium. I have both Symposium 5.0 and Symspoium Web 4.5. I haven't taking any classes for either yet but was wondering if we're using the web client, should I take that class or Symposium 5.0 class? If I had to choose one which one would you guys reccomend?

Actually, there are more than 2 classes for Symposium. But, if you have the web client and want to learn administrative tasks, take the 0338C Symposium Web Client Administration class. If you need scripting, maintenance, etc., you'll need to look into some of the other classes.

Go for the WEB 4.5 class.

The SCCS 5.0 admin class is based on the SMI client interface - and this interface is not used on Contact Center 6.0.

On that note do consider attending the CC 6.0 admin class as Contact Center 6.0, which is currently shipping from Nortel, is the next upgraded version of SCCS 5.0 and WEB 4.5.

If I do choose the CCS 6.0 admin, will I still need web admin 4.5? Or is the 6.0 completely removing web client also?

No.

Nortel Contract Center Administration 6.0 is an upgraded version of Web Client 4.5.

With release 6.0 Nortel changed the name of Symposium Call Center Server to Contact Center Manager Server (CCMS) and changed the Web Client name to Contact Center Manager Administration (CCMA). Release 6.0 uses only the WEB/CCMA interface for administration.

So by attending a CCMA 6.0 course one would be learning Web Client 4.5 plus the new features of CCMA 6.0. The web interface for both is the same save for different icons and background colors.

Of course by learning CCMA 6.0 you'll know what your missing with Web Client 4.5. But than you be ready for a upgrade to 6.0.

Great thanks, I'll look to get the CCMA 6.0 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back