Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sympatico High Speed Problem + More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikelo2k

Programmer
May 23, 2001
CA
Does anyone know or use Sympatico High Speed on Windows XP?
Also, does anyone know if it's possible?

And I would also wish to know if there is a list anywhere listing the compatible and non-compatible ethernet cards with Sympatico Hisg Speed.

Here is my other message:
How to choose between booting 2 different OSs at startup.
Ok, my dad had done this for me before, and now he's not available and I really need to know how. I know it's possible. Here is my situation:

1. I have Windows XP (2002) installed On my PC
2. I need Windows ME also for my Sympatico high speed to work. Because i don't know how to set up a TC/IP strackin in win XP. (I don't know what it is, BTW)
3. I heard i can somehow partition my drives, so that after the DOS boot-up, a DOS menu appears and lets me select if I want to start WIN ME or WIN XP. I think it has something to do with the Autoexec.BAT executable or something. Anywayz, it's really important and i'd appreciate any help ASAP. :)

The main problem is that the Sympatico Software, will not detect my Ethernet Card. While on the cheap Win 95 system (i'm writing from) it workz. It says that a TCP/IP stack is not detected, and it's too complex to work with Win XP DUN controls, in my opinion.

Thanx in Advance,
Mikelo2k :p

im on win xp right now and sympatico high speed... got qwestions... ask me @ rds45@sk.sympatico.ca

Has anybody got sympatico to work with windows XP yet? Your help would be appreciated flysmack@icqmail.com

Thanks!
Kevin

You do not need a PPPoE driver for Xp. It has one.

Second, Autoexec.bat is not executable. It is a batchfile. pardon my old fashioned ways :)

To dualboot windows 98 and XP, install 98 first, then install XP. Do not choose upfgrade. it will ask you. Also, do not convert to NTFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back