Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symp 4.2 - Voice message played to agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmaksimo

Technical User
May 19, 2005
GB
Hi,

I've received a request from one of our clients to setup a script that plays a message to agents waiting on a specific queue.
We normally use MMail to provide voice features but I found no indication on that.

Any idea of how to setup such a solution ?

Thanks in advance

You can play message to callers waiting, but not agents who are assigned to that queue.

I had something like this where they wanted me to tell the agent what skillset the caller was coming in from. While the previous poster is correct, you cannot "talk" to the agent, there is a way to acheive this.

We used the agent greeting card. The agent greeting card is Symposium aware and can have different greetings that play based on the skillset the caller is arriving from.

If your customer simply wanted to broadcast a message to agents waiting on calls, this won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back