Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symonview Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToad6378

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
US
We have Symonview version 3.1 that no longer displays messages to the client. The server display shows
LoggedIn Open NotSim Keys 555 FldUsed 5179
->SvrHits 1 FldsUpd 25 -> TMssgs 45

Anyone have any idea on why it may not be given any skillsets after you enter the ip address into the client.

Are you still Multicasting on the network segments between the server and the reader-board/wall-board?

You can test that by running the Symon Client on the server.

I have ran the client on the server and do not see anything after typing the IP address then clicking on apply.

There will not be an update unless Symon detects a status change...phone or skillset. Have the IT guys check the LAN segments between Symposium and Symon and ensure that Multicast traffic is still being sent...and also between Symon and the clients.

I don't even see the skillsets after typing the IP address let allow updates. I will have the Network Team look into it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back