Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symbol MC1000 experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoeyes

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
CA
Hi,

I'm trying to advise someone on the Symbol MC1000 (Motorola!) portable data terminal.

Unfortunately reviews for this sort of thing are hard to find... or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

We're trying to find one locally that we can borrow or rent to play with, but I'm also looking for opinions from places like Tek-Tips.

Any general opinions would be appreciated. Battery life would be useful to know...

Thanks!

----------------------------------------
Perceptus Solutions Inc.
A little computer support and web firm.

Uh did you contact Motorola to see if a vender is in your area? Let you barrow one? maybe for a few hours. Someone’s not going to let an expensive device out without some money. most don't stock anything either since there are so many choices.
Also most smaller shops have closed a few years ago. Which is why Motorola is buying all the barcode companies. Bar-coding is nitch market. They can’t survive in this economy or lack of economy.
Also look at nonbarcode equipment such as tablet PC with a scanner attached and Uh yes cell phones. Way cheaper and much more obtainable.

Good luck.

DougP
[r2d2] < I Built one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back