Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symbol DS6707 ^b^u (STX NAK) Prefix Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

epers

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2017
US
As discovered back in 2012 in thread694-1671410, several DS6707's in the wild have ^b^u baked into the firmware as a prefix. As we have been purchasing quite a few of these secondhand lately for use in our manufacturing plant, I have hit this issue a few times so far, and today found what is hopefully a permanent solution. As this is the only place I was able to find anyone else with this issue, I'm posting it here.

I was able to remove the prefix by scanning programming codes for the Symbol LS2208 from the quick start guide included with those 1D scanners. Scanning the LS2208 codes in this order removes the prefix:

"Set Defaults"
"HID KEYBOARD EMULATION"
"SCAN OPTIONS"
"<DATA><SUFFIX>"
"<ENTER>"

No clue why this sequence removes it, no clue why Motorola/Symbol didn't document any of this anywhere, and no clue why it was there in the first place. But if you're like me and have a growing pile of DS6707's that're useless because of it this might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back