Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symbios SCSI Card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmattson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
I have an older Symbios 8751D scsi card that I would like to add to my Netware 6.5sp5 Compaq ML350. After installing the card is there anything 'special' I need to do? I assume the card will be available through Netware (driver already exists) as long as the card is recognized by the server...correct?

Netware should come up with it's version of "new hardware found wizard". If a driver is not automatically detected, then you need to copy the latest driver (
into c:\nwserver\drivers\myfolder and do a "load c:\nwserver\drivers\myfolder\Lsi8xxNw.ham

Then it should load and may ask you for a slot number and suggest a slot number that it found. If not, the card could be dead.

Then verify that startup.ncf has added a line to load that HAM driver so it loads every time the server loads. Something like:
load Lsi8xxNw.ham slot=10008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back