Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec VPN client kills VNC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecaboodle

MIS
Jan 22, 2001
Have VNC installed on remote clients and the moment I install Symantec VPN and the computer is rebooted I can no longer connect. Have the problem with NT boxes and XP boxes.

Cheers

If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

By stating you have the problem with NT and XP boxes...does this mean that you don't have the problem with other o/s's or these are just the ones involved?

Technically, if you have one static IP and you set up a VPN on it, you will have to use that VPN connection to be able to access the network and then use VNC once you are inside. Unless you can route the VNC requests through the VPN or router to go somewhere else...which I think may be difficult. I don't know of another way without getting an additional ip address.

Have you tried looking at the documentation for Real VNC on their website? I know it has a section on routing through firewalls, there may be some information there that is helpful with the VPN software.

=================================
"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity." --Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back