Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Systemworks doesn't see my Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxiegirl

Technical User
Dec 13, 2006
US
I need to use my symantec systemworks software over a firewire from another computer so I can repair my start up disk. When I do so, the software does not recognize any hard drive. Any suggestions.?

Norton Systemworks is for Windows. I've never heard of a mac version.

If your hard drive needs repair, you can boot from the software install disc and run Disk Utility. Try repairing permisions before you do anything else. Just launch disc Utility (in applications/utiltiies folder), select your drive and hit the 'repair permissions' button.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Thanks for your response. First of all I used Disk Utility which fixed some of the issues. I can not start up the the disk since I purchased it online. Symantic recomended that you use firewire between 2 computers that have systemworks. I did that but the program did not recognize either of the hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back