Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec System Center help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2008
GB
hey all,

I'm running Symantec System Center 10.1.5000 on a windows 2003 server which also acts as our DC, DHCP and DNS server.

I have around 200 clients using this server as it's parent server. The primary server is in another office.

All clients are using SAV 10.2 and for the most part it's working well. However I have noticed that a few clients are showing up in SSC with the error "Old Definitions". I have tried right clicking the client and running SAV Definition manager but I get the error;

"The requested operation will not be performed on the following Server Groups and/or machines because their topology information could not be retrieved from the Symantec System Center Topology Service"

I have also tried to open the definitions managed by right clicking the server group, but it gives the same error.

If I hit "continue" at the bottom of the error message it simply saids "Symantec Antivirus could not communicate with the selected computer(s)"

If I try to open the virus definition manager on a machine that has the up-to-date definitions already installed, I get the same error.

I should mention that when I installed SSC and unlocked the group for the first\ time I choose the default option of copying the information from my primary server and I entered the user name and password.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can get this to work as I'd like to have this sorted ASAP.

Cheers in advance.

dont mix and match.
10.2 is for vista only
upgrade console to 10.1.7 and only use 10.1.7 or lower for clients or upgrade completly to endpoint prot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back