Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Security Check Wrong IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

poundsford

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2007
I have been checking my system using the Symantec Security Check Security Scan (SSC. Recently whenever checking the IP and machine results showing belong to somebody else. The SCC reports different IP and results everytime it is run.
I have tried to talk to Symantec about the problem but they lack any interest in the problem. I'm behind a Netgear FVX538 firewall which is fully sealed (as much as you can seal a Netgear box). None of my scanner find any problems on the network and whenever portscanning from outside I get a clean bill of health with all ports stealthed.
Any comments or suggestions to this is welcome. I have found quite a few other post on the net with the same problem, but none of them had any explanation to the problem.

Try a network sniffer on a hub port to examine who, what, where, when and why.

That's a website on the internet. Make sure you are not inadvertently using a proxy server with your web browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back