Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcrichnc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2004
US
First off, this is about the only forum I thought I could post this in that would make since. This has to do with Norton Ghost 2003. I don't really have a problem with DNS or DHCP, but with a particular network card...a D-Link 530TX to be exact. I've had no other problems in my network with Intel or Netgear cards while trying to Ghost a machine, but the D-Link 530 TX just doesn't seem to be compatible with Norton Ghost. One of the error messages I get after I create the Ghost boot disk and try booting from it is "Unable to Bind". The Ghost program wants to start up, but it simply does not work. I've read message boards, searched on google, and even went to Symantec's site to try to resolve this issue, but to no avail. If anyone needs more information, just say so and I'll post more info as soon as I check the post again. Thanks,

Brad

Make sure you are using the NDIS2 driver for DOS supplied by D-Link.

It is the NDIS 2 driver for DOS that I downloaded directly from D-Links site. I'll try to find out some more info about it on the net and maybe download it from somewhere else. I go through the correct procedures to make the Boot Disk and by default, there is an NDIS2 driver for the D-Link 530-TX already included with my Ghost program. I tried using that one too and it did not work. If anyone thinks of any resolution to this, please let me know. I check this message board at least 4 times a week, so it may take me a day or two to respond. Thanks.

I would love to replace all of these NICs. However, despite the low cost of network cards, convincing the people that are in charge of the money to purchase these is the more difficult task. Technically the NICs work and serve their purpose, just not for imaging. The organization chiefly operates off of grant money for our pay and the payment of hardware/software, so they're not too quick to spend anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back