Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Ghost 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephie

Technical User
May 29, 2002
US
I am having problems duplicating ghost images. I have 2 images with XP and one with 98. They both will not copy to other CD's. I have tried 2 different duplicators and using Roxio. The image works fine. The only way I have been able to make additional copies is to make new images off of the hard drive. I have 14 schools to support so this is becoming very time-consuming and difficult. I would also like to know how to save the image to the network but would really like to know why I cannot get tis way to work. Any suggestions?

I've not had that problem with Ghost. Exactly what types of errors do you get? As to saving to the network, all I do is map a drive and then when Ghost asks where to save the image I navigate to the mapped drive.

I get no errors when doing the ghost image only when trying to make copies. When using Roxio at almost finishing it gives me a compression error and when using a duplicator it gives me a source read error. I have used 2 different duplicators and am using the same CDs that I have used before when it copied fine.

The error in Roxio is "Power Calibration Error" "Medium not present"

How big are your images?
Are you spanning CDs? (I've had trouble with that)
What type of compression are you having Ghost using?

What speed are you burning at? If not the absolute slowest then I'd suggest that, otherwise never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back