Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Error message 3019,6 - Norton Antivirus No Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

specytechie

Technical User
Jun 18, 2005
GB
Running Win XP SP 2 problem with recently downloaded from Norton Internet Security 2005 with Anti Spy. Download and install appeared to go well but Anti Virus refuses to run bringing up a “Norton AntiVirus was unable to scan your computer for infections” (3019,6) message.

Following the links to the Symantec “Help” I have tried all the suggested options but even after a removal and re-install still get the above message. At the Win XP prompt from their looks like both times navwnt.exe, nmain.exe and navw32.exe are missing. Any suggestions please.

I have installed and run AdAware, which found a heap of errors, and AVG which found A0049614.exe - PSW.Bispy.D, bi.dll - PSW.Bispy.A, biprep.exe - PSW.Bispy.B, A0049614.exe and A0049789.dll – Downloader.Rahmeh.e

Problem now resolved - persistence with Live Update was required - had to run it numerous times to capture the virus definition files. However, I must say that as a previously very satisfied Symantec client I was very disappointed with the follow up advice they offered on this query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back