Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Endpoint and losing user links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2002
CA
Brand new 2008 standard 64 bit system works properly for an hour or so sharing files with about a dozen users before deciding to no longer cooperate.

There are no events being logged on the server.

Have just updated to the 11.0.4.4025 Endpoint build so I'll know tomorrow if that solved the problem.

I noticed in the Computer Management in sessions that the # of files seems to be more like a running total than files actually in use. After a copy of data it looked like I had 19,546 files. Is this unusual? If I look at open files (rather than sessions) I only see a couple of levels of data folders, no files. In fact no files are open or in use at the client machine.

Anything else I should be checking? Will try netstat -an when the next link is lost.

Thanks.

That 4025 build of the Corporate EndPoint software seems to have resolved the problem of blocking access to the files. All users have been able to connect and work with those files so far today. I understand from other sites that this problem can occur after a random amount of time - up to several weeks. We didn't run for more than an hour before the lockout.

I ran some utilities from a workstation all night to exercise the system. They were still running in the morning.

The Symantec Backup (12) sceduled for 11 PM worked properly.

Has anyone installed Endpoint on a Windows 2008 Standard server without the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back