Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Decomposer Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ztrek7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2004
US
Using Symantec corporate 10.1.0.394 recieving multiple decomposer errors on different files. exe,zip,cab. These files are not in use and the system has full r/w access.

I hesitate to exclude those files as they are the biggest culprits of viruses. I also do not want to exclude those directories as files that are used get stored there. I find it hard to believe that symantec cannot scan these, so my assumption is something is wrong.

ideas?

consider the following as a possble solution:

also at version 10.1.0.394 there are to patches to get you to 10.1.0.401 that my solve your proplem. Certainly cannot hurt. Give them a try:

To see what to download:

Files you need:
savce_10.1.0.400_allwin_en.zip
SAVCE_10.1.0.401_AllWin_EN.zip

HTH - Stiddy

The decomposer errors during a scheduled scan can normally be ignored as the files in question are probably password protected archives which prevents the decomposer from opening the file for scanning within. Regardless, The error is informational and not indicative of a software problem, and you can rest assured that when the files are later extracted, the real time scanner will still scan the files as they are extracted from the archive.

Oh, I realize that is it not "harming" the system, but, with so many warnings, it makes a mind go numb to "real" events that are truly errors.

If I could just turn off the reporting, that would be fine too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back